Each year, Prosperity Indiana celebrates dedicated individuals and innovative programs that have improved the quality of life in Indiana communities. We would like to congratulate the following individuals and programs which have been nominated for one of our four signature awards by peers in the community economic development field. Winners will be selected by a committee of distinguished leaders in the field and will be honored during the Awards Luncheon at the Prosperity Indiana Summit on February 18, 2020.
Michael Carroll Community Economic Development Leadership Award
sponsored by Fifth Third Bank
This award recognizes an individual who has exhibited exceptional advocacy to further support the community economic development industry. Winners are selected based on their contributions to the affordable housing and community economic development field, their exceptional advocacy work, and the impact of their leadership.
- Bruce Baird, Renew Indianapolis
- Wendy Dant Chesser, One Southern Indiana
John Niederman Rural Development Leadership Award
sponsored by First Financial Bank
The Rural Development Leadership Award is designed to recognize outstanding leaders in the field of rural community economic development.
- Michelle Pitcher, Pace Community Action Agency, Inc
- Joe Micon, Lafayette Urban Ministry
Robert O. Zdenek Staff Member of the Year Award
sponsored by Brightpoint
This award recognizes outstanding professional leadership and commitment of a staff person working for a housing or community economic development organization.
- Willie Dearing, South Bend Mutual Homes Cooperative
- Wallace McLaughlin, Fathers and Families Center
- Natalie Powell, Hoosier Uplands
- Evan Tester, King Park Development Corporation/Renew Indianapolis
- Albert Brownlee, Genesis Outreach, Inc.
- Joe Bowling,Englewood Community Development Corporation
- Mark Wuellner, Indiana Bond Bank
Key Award for Supportive Services Program of the Year
sponsored by Merchants Bank of Indiana
The Key Award honors excellence and innovation in a service-oriented community development initiative. Winners are selected based on the program's creativity, evidence of cooperation, and impact on the community.
- Indianapolis Community Building Initiative, Indianapolis Neighborhood Resource Center
- Stability Builders Network, Family Promise of Hendricks County
- Strong Fathers Program, Fathers and Families Center
- Crooked Creek Food Pantry at Eskenazi Health Center Pecar, Eskenazi Health
- Trusted Mentors
- Food Prescription for Better Health