Week 1: Getting Started in Housing Counseling
What you can expect to learn this week:
- Match relevant timelines to key events in the history of the housing counseling industry and National Industry Standards benchmarks for housing counseling service performance and delivery.
- Correctly complete a fill-in-the-blank worksheet regarding the National Industry Standards recommended benchmarks for housing counseling delivery.
- Evaluate counselor scenarios and determine whether the situation poses potential violations of the NIS Code of Ethics and Conduct.
- Complete a self-assessment worksheet tool to acknowledge the housing counseling characteristics they currently possess and identify skills and knowledge gaps to cultivate in their professional development strategy.
- Complete a personalized fill-in-the-blank housing counseling training and certification timeline worksheet to strategically set and achieve their certification goal.
- From a sample, learners will correctly select the version they feel would net the most feedback from the client.
- Use a worksheet to correctly answer questions about monthly mortgage payment components.
- Use worksheets to correctly perform income, housing, and debt ratio calculations for client scenarios.